Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Eggplant Grilled With Miso Sauce


During cold days... I get some seriously weird cravings happening. Today...I suddenly crave grilled eggplant after seeing ChocolateSuze's eggplant photo. Just recently I wrote about my cabbage love affair which ultimately ended as an accidentally gruelling  one week cabbage diet.

The miso eggplant is from Umi Sushi & Udon in Darling Harbour. But I'm rarely in Darling Harbour on the weekend nowadays so howami gonna get my hands on grilled eggplants that looks like that photo? *sadness*

Just when I thought I'm rather veggo these days, I see a ChocolateSuze deep fried chicken post about a Korean restaurant nearby in Epping. It swiftly brings back memories of my student days and how I went through a deep-fried-chicken-Korean-style stage.

That's what happens when you live within proximity to Korean-ville-Eastwood. You learn to wield Korean BBQ tongs in self defence around the BBQ and get addicted to spicy hot pots and bulgogi.

Back to the fried chicken topic ~ at least Beshico Epping is closer than Darling Harbour. Oh yes Beshico, you will be seeing me around:



There's hope for me yet...in the SMG pantry there is: miso paste, soy, green onions(shallots) and sesame seeds, so the dish can probably be easily recreated at home without having to traverse to Darling Harbour to eat grilled eggplant. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment