Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Alexa Ranking: Visitors and pageviews for April 2011


This blog is now ranked at 4,121,485. Last time I wrote about my Alexa Ranking, it was at 6,031,033 

Would ya have a gander at that... the ranking has improved by over 1.9 million spots(1,909,548) to be exact. I like the idea of having trumped over 1.9 million other sites in terms of traffic however, at the end of the day, the traffic is still pretty lame until it grows to Facebook proportion ^_~ but I'll take what I can get!!

Adding to my list of what works and doesn't work in terms of traffic and Alexa Ranking:

* Post regularly and weekly - hard for me to comply with since I can't always find the time to blog inbetween events happening in real life as opposed to digital life
* Have a section on the bottom of your blog with a 'Related Posts' tag and links to previous other posts of yours that may cover similar topics to the current post
* Always use some type of image/photo/graph - looks more professional and breaks down the monotone appearance of a page full of only words
Writing more content - so when readers click on your labels, they have other material to read which means you can entice them to hang around longer or to subscribe - I'm still working on more articles so that readers won't be disappointed when they click on the labels and see only one article
* Googlers like food related posts - my food posts are rather popular which did surprise me but maybe pf folks like reading and looking at food

No comments:

Post a Comment