|Page load trend for http://smartmoneyguide.blogspot.com/ which can be compared to my other post on the ranking and pageviews . The growth in visitors has dropped off a bit because I haven't blogged as much and haven't posted new material regularly.|
According to my last post on ranking and page views(3rd February 2011), the Alexa ranking was 6,047,422 and as of yesterday, it is currently 6,031,033
My blog's ranking has improved by 16,389. That means that this blog has recieved more web traffic than 16,389 other websites that previously ranked higher than mine, over the past two months. Netcraft's statistic from 2008 indicates that over 182 million websites exist.
So my lame ranking of 6,031,033 could have been a lamer ranking of 182,000,000 lol ; )
So which sites are the top sites?
Google is a great search engine. It's been pulling up my blog onto the first page on a few web search phrases and that has contributed to the page view increases. I've also noticed that some visitors read up to 10 articles/posts before leaving.
In terms of SEO (search engine optimisation), I can surmise (because I'm not a technical SEO guru) that the increase in traffic is due to:
- The amount of articles I have written increasing
- Some of the articles I wrote have utilised "How to" and "What is" in the title of the article
- Article content relevant to the blog title (Smart Money Guide) although I have strayed a bit from posting on purely financial and pf matters. My ravenous stomach has resulted in me churning out a lot of food posts recently
- Regularly posting articles with good, informative content will ensure that visitors read a few pages before leaving and ensuring that they return later to check for new articles (this reduces the 'bounce' factor which is visitors googling, landing on the relevant page and then exiting without reading anything else)
- Having a lot of images and photos that have been labelled properly prior to uploading will ensure that your images are picked up by Google's crawlers and end up in image search results, bringing traffic to your blog